Wednesday, June 2, 2010

REV 3 here I come ...

With only a couple of days to go it's exciting to be amping up for yet another big race. What will race day bring I wonder? With an exciting pack of amazing athletes including Julie Dibens, Joanna Zeiger, Mirinda Carfrae, Amanda Lovato, and some other great pros - I look forward to this fun challenge, racing some of the best athletes in the World on a tough course. The course is hilly on the bike and run, which hopefully will work out to my advantage. Although I will still be gritting my teeth at the top of those long climbs like the best of em'.

Ironically Rev 3 Half is mapped out at an amusement park, Quassy, in Middlebury, CT. Lucky for us Triathlon addicts happy fun amusement is what it should prove to be - well, with some blood, sweat and happy tears thrown in for good measure.
It is so beautiful here and reminds me a lot of home (New Zealand) with lots of green trees, plants, quiet roads and more of a rural community lifestyle with farms and veggie gardens. I love home grown veggies!

It is nice to know that race day should go smoothly as the event is co-ordinated by an amazing organisation and will make it a lot of fun! The race directors have kindly made sure I am well looked after with lovely hosts. With a lot of friends arriving in town, and having made myself at home at the health food store down the road, it is starting to feel more like home here.

As for Race Prep ...
It is always nice to know my bike is in great condition, smooth and fast! Thanks to TriLab for all your support and awesome bike servicing. Also thanks for sorting out a new wetsuit for me last minute - lifesavers! I swam the swim course today and the lake was clean and stunning!
Nutrition wise I think I have my game plan sorted. And having put the hard yards in training I'm feeling great and ready to race.

REV 3 Half is Sunday June 6th (so nice of them to plan it on a New Zealand public holiday for lots of my family, friends and fans to tune in. Gosh I feel loved ; ). For live updates check out http://www.rev3tri.com/

So keep your fingers and toes crossed for another great race! Rev 3 here I come ...

Erin : )

ps. Happy Long Weekend to those following from NZ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment